My Blog List

Saturday 5 March 2011

Project 11

Balance


The object of this exercise is for me to take at least six of my own images, and then decide on how the balance works in each one.
The course says it does not matter if whether the main elements are masses of tone, colour or arrangements of points of lines, i just need to find what seems to be the dominant part (or parts) of the image.
I then need to high light them in the image and also produce a 'weighing scale' sketch alongside it.
Also, i need to then compare the different images and see whether some were easier to identify the balance then others.
I am not sure though if the images i use must have been taken for the course or whether the can be images taken from before. To be on the safe side i will just use the images i have taken since starting the course.




Trying to find the balance in some of my images, was very difficult. but after a while i started to notice how some of the balance patterns worked, and this made me realize that, of all the images that i have taken over the last few months, the one's that are more pleasing to look at, are the ones that have some form of balance in them. This is something that i have never really thought about before when taking photographs, but is something i will definitely be thinking about from now on. 
Even when the image seems to have objects of unequal size, as long as there placed with the larger of the objects more central and the smaller one's near the outside, even that makes the image appear balanced, i was surprised though at how having a object directly in the center of the frame created maximum symmetry, this exerise was a real eye opener for me and i think my images from now on will improve significantly.









No comments:

Post a Comment