My Blog List

Thursday 9 December 2010

Walker Art Gallery

I have decided it's time i got out and started to look at other peoples work, so this Saturday, i'm going to head off to Liverpool and visit the Walker Art Gallery.
At the moment, they are showing 9 pieces of work by the Turner prize winning artist Wolfgang Tillman.

Paperdrop by Wolfgang Tillmans
Paper Drop (London) 2008
http://tillmans.co.uk/

I am looking forward to seeing his work, not only as i find his style simple but powerful but because it encourages the viewer to look at his work and how it is displayed, not just at the subject in the image. This i hope will give me a little more insight in how to balance a image within a frame, and to allow me to possibly put more thought into the overall effect my photographs will have.
This is going to be my first ever visit to an art gallery, so i am not too sure what to expect, but i am positive i will take something away from viewing someone Else's work close up.

Also, it will give me a chance to go out and try and take some decent photographs of Liverpool.
While I'm there, i shall try and get some more work done for my assignment and course work, This time i will be a little more prepared and take a note book with a list of things to try and achieve, plus i will try and remember my tripod this time.
I hope this day out will result in at least one or two decent images or at least a few things i can take away with me to think about.
What ever the outcome of this trip, at least i will have had the opportunity to view not only a great city but some great photographs and been to my first gallery.

1 comment:

  1. If you have the time I recommend you see the Photography exhibition "Endurance: Shackleton's Antarctic adventure" down at the Maritime Museum. Hope you have a great time in my home city.

    ReplyDelete